After a request to get the 'Hide/Show, Expand/Collapse' hack to work with the label widgets in blogger beta, I figured it out. Here is what I came up with.
- You must implement the first two steps from Hide/Show, Expand/Collapse - Navigation Element.
- Now open "Template/Page Elements" click on "Add a Page Element". Choose "Labels/Add to Blog". Save changes and close. (This element is temporary...we only need it to find some code, then we will delete it later.)
- View your blog and right click anywhere in the blog. You want to "View Page Source".
- In the 'Source' page, find <div class='widget-content'> (we'll do something with it in a minute):
<div class="commenthidden" id="UniqueName"></div>
- Fill in your 'UniqueName' in the 2 areas. Give it a title. For example "+/- Categories".
- Copy the code you found in step #4 and paste it between the <div> and </div>
<div class="commenthidden" id="UniqueName"> PASTE CODE HERE </div>
- Save changes and close.
- Now you can open the 'Label Element' we made in #2 and "Remove Page Element".
I believe that should do it! It worked on my test blog. I ended up with a 'Hide/Show, Expand/Collapse' section of my sidebar that displays labels/categories for my blog.
Also see: Hide/Show, Expand/Collapse - Navigation Element