It is a done deal. I moved in officially to Blogger Beta. Not too bad. A few casualties...all widget connected. I'm still working out the bugs. It appears only one script per widget. I would really enjoy having at least two scripts in a widget. For example, I edited my Technorati widget in the previous Blogger to have a link for del.icio.us also. (You know...add me to blah blah.) It was all nice and neat in one area on my sidebar. I can't get both links/scripts into one widget. I'm working on that one. And I'm picky about my sidebars so I just removed the del.icio.us link for now.
Another example. My 'Creative Commons' button. With the old Blogger I was able to have '2006 ANNIEBLUESKY' centered nicely under the CC button. For the life of me, I couldn't get it to center in the Beta widget. So I removed it, and made a hoover pop-up. Not solved exactly...a work-a-round.
Other than that, it went pretty well. I did it slowly in a practice blog, and copied all of Blog U to it. Piece by piece. Working from the top down. When I had it all in, and it looked like the orginal blog, I downloaded the template to my harddrive then uploaded it to Blog U. (whew)
I haven't even addressed the 'Labels' yet. Guess I'll stick a few on this post and see what happens!